Proposed and hosted by Lachlan Madill, this second edition of Urban Nations is about Indigenous People who live or work in the Montreal area. The ten episodes series will feature inspiring persons from different Indigenous Nations who are doing something to maintain their culture along with their identity. Each person in the series explains their upbringing and how their culture helped shape who they are today.
The show explores how it is to be Indigenous and living or working in the Montreal area while keeping strong roots to their home communities and traditions. Urban Nations will show the rich Indigenous cultures which have played an important part of Montreal’s history and will continue to be an important part of the city’s future. While educating people, the show also hopes to dispel stereotypes and get people interested in Indigenous cultures.
Melanie Lumsden is originally from Ottawa and has been living in Montreal for the past 12 years. With Inuk and Belgian heritage, Melanie is on a mission to get people talking about Indigenous People and breaking down barriers between cultures.
- Tuesday, june 19, 2018 6:00 pm
- Wednesday, june 20, 2018 12:00 am
- Wednesday, june 20, 2018 5:30 am
- Wednesday, june 20, 2018 11:30 am
- Thursday, june 21, 2018 5:00 am
- Thursday, june 21, 2018 5:00 pm
- Thursday, june 21, 2018 11:30 pm
- Friday, june 22, 2018 1:30 pm
- Saturday, june 23, 2018 4:30 am
- Saturday, june 23, 2018 9:30 am
- Saturday, june 23, 2018 4:00 pm
- Sunday, june 24, 2018 9:00 am
- Sunday, june 24, 2018 5:00 pm