Real people. Candid conversations. Extraordinary stories. - MONTREALERS focuses on the art of conversation, creating an environment of open dialogue; for both the interviewee and the interviewer. With characters from an array of backgrounds, including Greek, Indian, Brazilian, Japanese, Egyptian, Iranian, and French – MONTREALERS is an all-inclusive show that gives all voices meaning. In this intimate interview series, the most inspiring stories can be found in the lives of everyday people. Leah Balass sits down with Montreal’s most colorful personalities to uncover their captivating life stories and to celebrate the various cultures that make up this unique city. Each episode features personal stories on immigration, love, identity, struggle, culture and tradition.
In this episode, we'll introduce you to Hymie Sckolnick who opened the iconic Beauty's diner in the early 1940’s; to Eunice Sebastiao, a Brazilian nanny whose fate unexpectedly brought her to Montreal; to Dave Arnold, the cynical painter who calls himself Mr. Sign; and to a young Iranian couple who opened a cozy café to connect them back to home.
Hymie Sckolnick, Eunice Sebastiao, Dave Arnold
- Tuesday, december 12, 2017 11:00 am
In this episode, we'll introduce you to Jam Rahmouni, the city’s most notorious night club physiognomist; Mandy & Rebecca Wolfe, two sisters and best friends who run a successful salad bar empire; Cyrille Esteve, the hard-working spoonman and fixture outside Ogilvy’s department store; and Fariba Laliberté, a globe-trotting storyteller and talented painter.
Jam Rahmouni, Mandy & Rebecca Wolfe, Cyrille Esteve, Fariba Laliberté
- Tuesday, december 12, 2017 7:30 pm
- Tuesday, december 12, 2017 11:30 pm
- Wednesday, december 13, 2017 1:00 am
- Wednesday, december 13, 2017 1:30 pm
- Thursday, december 14, 2017 3:30 am
- Thursday, december 14, 2017 10:30 am
- Thursday, december 14, 2017 5:30 pm
- Friday, december 15, 2017 12:00 am
- Friday, december 15, 2017 5:30 am
- Friday, december 15, 2017 12:00 pm
- Saturday, december 16, 2017 4:00 am
- Saturday, december 16, 2017 3:00 pm
- Sunday, december 17, 2017 10:30 am
- Sunday, december 17, 2017 5:00 pm