Real people. Candid conversations. Extraordinary stories.
Montrealers focuses on the art of conversation, creating an environment of open dialogue for both the interviewee and the interviewer. With characters from an array of backgrounds, including Greek, Indian, Brazilian, Japanese, Egyptian, Iranian, and French, Montrealers is an all-inclusive show that gives all voices meaning.
In this intimate interview series, the most inspiring stories can be found in the lives of everyday people.
Leah Balass sits down with Montreal’s most colorful personalities to uncover their captivating life stories and to celebrate the various cultures which make this city unique.
Each episode features personal stories on immigration, love, identity, struggle, culture and tradition.
In this episode, we’ll introduce you to Nilufar Al-Shourbaji, the most friendliest, super chill restaurateur you’ll ever meet; Jean-Paul Labelle, a mechanical parts sculptor with a unique take on art; and Tamey Lau, the eccentric Dragon Flowers shop owner of Mile End.
Nilufar Al-Shourbaji, Jean-Paul Labelle, Tamey Lau
- Thursday, april 26, 2018 5:30 pm
- Friday, april 27, 2018 12:00 am
- Friday, april 27, 2018 5:30 am
- Friday, april 27, 2018 1:00 pm
- Saturday, april 28, 2018 4:00 am
- Saturday, april 28, 2018 9:00 am
- Saturday, april 28, 2018 3:00 pm
- Sunday, april 29, 2018 10:30 am
- Sunday, april 29, 2018 6:30 pm
In today's episode, you’ll meet Mageb Taraboulsy, the legendary proprietor of Lapidarius — one of the city’s finest antique shops; Rob Callard, the dedicated owner of Chez Nick — the oldest restaurant in Montreal, which will soon be celebrating an astonishing 100 years in business; and Vivianne Silver, a journaler, social worker and mother of three successful men, as we follow her on her journey before she embarks on a life-changing move.
Mageb Taraboulsy, Rob Callard, Vivianne Silver
- Tuesday, may 1, 2018 11:00 am
- Tuesday, may 1, 2018 6:30 pm
- Tuesday, may 1, 2018 11:30 pm
- Wednesday, may 2, 2018 1:30 pm